I’m going to break, momentarily, my string of lessons to bring to you the things that we are thankful for. We being my dad, sisters, brothers, nieces and nephews–the “tribe,” if you will. I won’t tell you who wrote what, I’ll let you guess that. But I wanted to share that in the spirit of “Mami, Margarita, Mamita” we are all still thankful for what we do have.
What I’m Thankful For:
- Family, good fortune
- My pet dog Chompy
- Turkey… and Mamita
- Sweet potatoes and other desserts
- life, health, family
- DNA, traditions, stories, memories, secret recipes, people we love and other things that live on.
- my friends and family
- I am thankful for my life
- A cucumber
- Papa and Mami’s love, my big family, memories of celebrations, my sisters, Luca and Gemma.
- 4 beautiful, intelligent daughters, their supportive, talented, handsome(?) husbands. Cute, energetic, inquisitive grandchildren. Everyone of them has a love and appreciation for Mamita–a willingness to continue and honor her traditions and memories.
- Papa. The ability to get together as a family, continually be close, and everything Mamita left for us/taught us.
- My family having had such an amazing mom, but I am especially thankful for Lexi and Alex!
Oh, and Wall-E is thankful for being adopted by Lexi
Sweet family, you fill my heart with love and joy and memories of beautiful times that I will carry with me forever and ever and ever. My dear fairy godsisters have sprinkled upon me some delightful lessons to keep this blog going like an energizer bunny. My mom always liked that bunny.